Can I sue if I’ve been bitten by a dog?
Dog bites are more common than many people think, that’s why you need an experienced dog bite lawyer to handle your case.In the United States, more than 4.5 million people are bitten by dogs each year. Nearly one in five people who are bitten by a dog have to seek medical treatment. This means that roughly 800,000 people in the United States seek medical treatment for dog bites and more than half of those are children. Senior citizens are second, just under children, as the most common victims of dog bites. Dog bites are more common than many people think, that’s why you need an experienced dog bite lawyer to handle your case.
In 2016 there were 31 recorded fatalities related to dog bites.
- 45% (14) were family dogs
- 55% (17) non-family dogs
- 6% (2) of all deadly attacks resulted in meaningful criminal charges
- 61% (19) of all fatalities involved more than one dog
- 26% (8) involved a pack attack of 4 or more dogs
- 42% (13) of the victims who were killed were children (9 years old or younger)
- 58% (18) were adults (20 years old to 49 years old)
- California led all states in fatal attacks in 2016 incurring 6 deaths
Many dog bites are preventable through learning the dog’s body language or through proper dog training. Negligent dog owners put family, friends, community and the dog’s life at risk if they fail to take proper precautions.
Dog Bite Lawyers Who Fight To Get You The Compensation You Deserve
Mark Schneider and Drew Palcsik are Personal Injury Lawyers who get results. At Schneider & Palcsik we work with insurance adjusters, witnesses, and other law offices so you don’t have to. We offer over a half-century of combined experience and peace of mind so you can focus on recovering from your injuries. We work to help you rebuild your life, which has changed due to another person or party’s negligence.
What Can Schneider & Palcsik offer you?
- Home visits– We will visit you in the comfort of your home. We want you to focus on being comfortable, while we worry about the rest.
- Results– We give each client personal attention during the entirety of their case. We have decades of experience doing what we love, fighting for the little guy.
You can trust what we say, but see what our clients say about us:
Our Team Fights for You
After you are bitten by a dog, you may not know what to do next. How do you know if the bite was bad enough that it warrants suing someone else? What kind of information would you need to obtain to even file a case? We can help you get compensation for lost income, medical expenses, and rehabilitation.
We know that you are recovering from a traumatic injury, and find all necessary information and handle the case for you. We understand that our client’s future rests in our hands. That is why we enlist the work of our team to get you the justice you deserve. Our qualified team can ensure that the party that caused your pain and suffering are held accountable for their actions.
Meet our Attorneys
Work with Lawyers that put you first, Contact us today