LET OUR 5-STAR TEAM FIGHT FOR YOU
What Do I Do If I’m Denied Social Security Disability?
To apply for disability benefits, you must complete and submit an application to the Social Security Administration. You can complete this process over the phone, in person or online. After your application has been processed, the Social Security Administration will send its decision to you by mail. Unfortunately, the Social Security Administration denies nearly 70 percent of all initial applications.
SSDI is funded by payroll deductions paid to the Social Security Administration. It is available only to applicants who can show that they have a disability that prevents them from being able to earn an income by working. Specifically, you must show that:
• You have a chronic illness or condition that is expected to last for at least 12 months or end in your death.
• You can no longer do your previous job.
• You cannot do any other type of job.
• You have accumulated enough credits by working to qualify for benefits.
If you, like 70% of applicants, have been denied Social Security Disability and would like to appeal, a lawyer can help you organize documents to show your need for financial assistance.
How Do I Appeal My SSD Denial?
The process of applying for disability can be complicated. In order to maximize your chances of approval, you will need to collect and submit medical evidence to support your case. You must also comply with all of the Social Security Administration’s deadlines. If you miss a deadline, you may lose benefits and/or be forced to start the process over. Because of all of these requirements, many applicants choose to hire an attorney.
The law protects SSDI claimants by limiting the amount an attorney can charge for his or her services. Under federal law, an SSDI attorney cannot charge more than the lesser of $6,000 or 25 percent of your SSDI back pay. Thus, you can hire an attorney without worrying that you will be overcharged. In most cases, you won’t owe anything to your attorney unless you win your case.
What Can Schneider & Palcsik offer you?.
- Free consultation- Talk with our experienced staff for a no-obligation consultation about your case.
- Results– We give each client personal attention during the entirety of their case. We have decades of experience doing what we love, fighting for the little guy.
- Fee Free Assurance – There are no costs to you unless we win your case; we don’t receive compensation until your case has been won, and you have been awarded a settlement.
- Over 36 years of experience- and peace of mind so you can focus on living your life.
You can trust what we say, but see what our clients say about us:
Supplemental Security Appeals Lawyer, Mark Schneider
Attorney Mark Schneider
We put you first, Contact us today
Schneider & Palcsik
57 Court Street
Plattsburgh, NY 12901
Phone: (518) 566-6666